Wealth
"Wealth is not in having possessions, it is in having fewer wants."
Epictectus, great philospher had once quoted these words. He was a born slave and later on became a philospher. As I had really imagined these lines in day to day life and I am sure that you too. We see it everywhere that one whether be a politician or a businessman, who has lots and lots of money always tries to show it off, the best example is ' BIG FAT INDIAN WEDDING' and this had became a tradition to spend lots of money in marriages. I would like to ask you what is wealth? The most simple answer is Money, I know that something must be pondering in your head that what I am trying to say, well wait a while, you will get your answer. So ok, wealth , which due to our misconception & herd mentality had being narrowed down from societal and cultural happiness to just these paper money. Well the thing that had got into our school of thought is that wealth= money.
I might be sounding silly but this is really a great concern. Everyone of us is busy in figuring out how to earn more money in life, ofcourse it is an essential thing but not the only thing. Even the world is being calculated on the basis of GDP in which if a worker went on leave to spend time with his family then he is not contributing in GDP but if he is working day and night without any leisure activity then he is contributing.
The fewer wants should be our motive. The more successful we become, the more we should give back to society not by showing off our bank balance but by giving to those who really need it. The fewer things we have, the less we will care for and we will be more happy and generous. Ultimately this will be our wealth.
I hope, what I am trying to say you understood it. Thank you for reading this post and now it is your time to evaluate your thinking and ask yourself what is wealth? I am changing my mentality and are you?

Very good...keep it up
ReplyDeleteVery well words for a very important topic.
ReplyDelete